ASCF supports its foster parents through a robust programs and volunteer department whose goal is to reduce parenting stress and support foster parents in their roles through practical, hands-on support and guidance. Foster parents on the ASCF campus receive the following supports:
- Large, furnished, rent-free homes
- Babysitting and respite care provided by childcare specialists trained in trauma-informed care
- Access to ASCF’s boutique for children’s clothing and hygiene products
- House cleaning
- Laundry services
- 24/7 access to a licensed mental health counselor
- In-home counseling services and supports when indicated
- Foster parent well-being and self-care programming
In addition, ASCF staff and clinicians facilitate Monthly Foster Parent Support and Process Group Meetings for foster parents residing on campus. Goals of the groups include:
- Development of supportive and healthy relationships among foster parents on ASCF campus.
- Continued learning about and application of trauma-informed parenting skills.
- Addressing secondary traumatic stress and compassion fatigue.
- Applying reflective practices to the roles of a foster parent to reduce stress, promote self-growth, and examine thoughts, feelings, and experiences that impact parenting.
- Discussing strategies to ensure that children feel safe, capable, and loved.