- A child is abused by a parent or relative (a high percentage of whom were likely abused as children).
- Foster care agencies struggle to find placement for these children in an already overcrowded system.
- Siblings are separated, deepening the trauma. Extended family members and foster parents are not trained in trauma care and don’t have the resources for support.
- The child’s trauma manifests in various ways and there may be multiple foster home placements.
And the cycle repeats…
This child then spends a lifetime as an adult, masking the trauma with substance dependency, expressing it with violent or criminal behavior, or become a parent who repeats the abuse.
A Comprehensive System of Trauma-Informed Care
All Star is creating a new paradigm of care that includes –
- The integration of the latest in brain science and therapy
- Groundbreaking, trauma-focused services delivered in a family setting where each foster parent is trained in trauma-informed care, parenting, and intervention
Combined with onsite clinical services delivered by trauma-informed clinicians and support staff, All Star will care for the emotional, physical, and mental needs of every child it serves.